Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lost


Sleep evades me for my heart is troubled.  A decision weighs heavily upon me, and confusion, like a thick blanket of fog, clouds everything.    I AM LOST.
I am a lost sheep,  and I wonder, where is the Shepherd?  A lost child.  Where is Jesus? 
I yearn for him to speak to me, but as of yet I hear nothing.  Is it that he has not spoken, or is it that my heart is too hardened to be able to hear?
Anguish fills me to overflowing.  How long oh Lord?  How long must I wander in this wilderness?
Suddenly words filter in through the fog that surrounds me.  "Be still and know........know that I am God".
Be still.  I weep at these words, for I feel as if I've been still for a very long time, waiting.  Waiting for answers that never come.  Waiting for healing.  Just..........waiting.
Yet, there isn't anything else I can do, but wait, all the while attempting with all my might, to trust.  Trust that God knows exactly where I am, and that He will rescue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment